We offer a great low price for the two courses combined. Behind the Wheel will begin after the classroom course is over.
If you are a Virginia resident under age 18, you must complete a state-approved driver education program and hold your Virginia learner’s permit for at least nine months in order to get your driver’s license. This Driver Education course offers the required 36 classroom periods, 50 minutes each. You do not need a learner’s permit to take this class.
Upcoming Driver Education classroom courses for 2018:
- Rocky Mount Location- Jan. 8 – Feb. 6// 5:30 p.m.- 7:20 p.m.
- Floyd Location- Feb. 12 – Mar. 7// 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Each class requires 36 hours, taken in a nine-day class or an 18-day class.
Please bring the following to the first day of Driver Education class:
A valid form of ID:
- VA Learner’s Permit
- Social Security card and birth certificate or
- DMV photo ID
Forms for Driver Education:
- Classroom rules agreement (download a PDF), filled out by a parent or guardian.
- Driver Education agreement (download a PDF), filled out by a parent or guardian.
Forms for Behind the Wheel:
- Student information form download a PDF, filled out and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Parental permission agreement download a PDF filled out and signed by you and a parent or guardian.
- Parental confirmation of hours driven download a PDF, filled out and signed by you and a parent or guardian.
- Emergency permission form download a PDF, filled out by a parent or guardian.
- Behind the Wheel agreement download a PDF, filled out by a parent or guardian.
Also bring (classroom portion ONLY):
- A notebook and pen or pencil for taking notes.
- Payment ($200) in the form of cash, credit card, check or money order.