If you are a Virginia resident under age 18, you must complete a state-approved driver education program and hold your Virginia learner’s permit for at least nine months in order to get your driver’s license. This Driver Education course offers the required 36 classroom periods, 50 minutes each. You do not need a learner’s permit to take this class.
Upcoming Driver Education classroom courses for 2018:
- Rocky Mount Location- Jan. 8 – Feb. 6// 5:30 p.m.- 7:20 p.m.
- Floyd Location- Feb. 12 – Mar. 7// 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Each class requires 36 hours, taken in a nine-day class or an 18-day class.
See a calendar of our class schedule for Driver Education.
Please bring the following to the first day of class:
A valid form of ID:
- Social Security card and birth certificate
- DMV learner’s permit or
- DMV photo ID
- Classroom rules agreement (download a PDF), filled out by a parent or guardian.
- Driver Education agreement (download a PDF), filled out by a parent or guardian.
- A notebook and pen or pencil for taking notes.
- Payment ($200) in the form of cash, credit card, check or money order.